Wow. It’s already September! Where did the summer go? Our Thursday market downtown has come to an end for the season. Thanks to everyone who visited us in that location. What a great place to be in the afternoon. Our Saturday market is still going strong here on campus and there is plenty of local goodness to go around.
Here’s a rundown of what you’ll find this weekend at the market:
- Pasture-raised beef, pork, and chicken
- Baked goods including granola, chocolate biscotti and sweet potato pie
- Locally grown and milled whole wheat flour and corn meal
- Vegetable transplants, mums, kale & and assorted fall plants from Longfellow’s Garden Center
- A variety of Cheeses
- Bath and body items made with honey (The Kauffmans would like you to know that their popular hand balm now comes in a larger size!)
- Sweet potatoes
- Sweet corn
- Pie Pumpkins
- Goats milk fudge and caramel
- Bare Knuckle Coffee
- A selection of local crafts
- Music by Mike Gorman and Friends
Our regular market season ends September 27. We will take the month of October off and be back for our winter season on November 15. Check the Winter Market page to find out all the details. Look for email sign up sheets at the vendor booths this September, so you can stay in touch and get market updates and winter “shopping lists” delivered to your inbox. Also, stay tuned for details of our Winter Craft Sale the first weekend in December – a perfect time to pick up some local gifts for the season!
See you at the Market on Saturday morning.