The LU Farmers Market is back on campus! We had a great market last Saturday. If you have been to the market lately, you realize that every time there is more and more local deliciousness available. Come to the market, is a good place for local food, fun, and learning opportunities! We believe that the many benefits of having a farmers’ market nearby are felt throughout the community.
Every Saturday: at our normal location on Campus (Dickinson Research Center, 1219 Chestnut St.) from 9:00 to noon until October 3rd.
Every Thursday: at downtown (Madison St., next to the Governors’ Mansion) from 4:30 to 6:30 pm until August 27th .
Learning opportunities for Saturday, June 13th:
Basics of Botany (10:30 – 11:30 AM)- Botany, also called plant science or plant biology, is the science of plant life and a branch of biology. Discussion topics will include the study of plant structure, growth and reproduction. Presenter: Jeff Hargrove – Native Plants Program.
Educational booth: LU Small Ruminants Program – Charlotte Clifford-Rathert, Associate Professor of Extension, currently serves as the State Small Ruminant Specialist. Her research focus is embryonic and fetal loss in goats and sheep, invasive vegetation control using goats and sheep, and small ruminant herd health management.
Here are some of the market goods you can find this coming Saturday, and much more. Look for Father’s Day Specials!
- Gluten-free muffins, bread, ezekiel bread, cookies, lemon poppyseed, banana nut bread
- Maguettes (mini-baguettes), spent grain loaf, and focaccia bread
- Beets (red, golden and baby beets), salad mix, Swiss chard
- Spring produce such as cucumbers, tomatoes, bedding plants, kale, basil, etc.
- Locally-grown produce
- Pasture-raised beef, pork, chicken and eggs.
- Grass-finished beef
- Goat milk fudge and caramels
- Goat milk soap
- A variety of cheese
- A great selection of baked goods
- Jams and jellies
- A selection of local crafts
- Variety of plants such Native plants
- Educational booths and crafts
Please share this message with a friend. We appreciate your support!