August 6-13: National Farmers’ Market week
“U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue has proclaimed Aug. 6-13 to be National Farmers Market Week. This is the eighteenth year USDA has supported local producers by encouraging families to meet, and buy from, the farmers and other vendors at their local farmers’ markets”
Come to the LU Farmers’ Market to celebrate with us on August 12th
There will be cooking demo, kids activities and, as always, delicious local produce and food.
Don’t forget to stop by at the welcome table to sign up for a chance to win a basket with goodies from the market (participation is at no cost). Our next drawing will be on September 2nd
Here are some of the market goods you can find this coming Saturday, August 5th, 2017, and more!
- Seeded watermelon, cantaloupe
- Vegetables: Organic yellow squash, Sweet corn, tomatoes, organic heirloom tomatoes, organic cucumbers, spaghetti squash, black beauty eggplant, peppers (bell, key largo sweet, banana, jalapeno, serrano), cherry tomatoes, beans, kale, onions, tatume (Mexican zucchini).
- Sun flowers, micro greens
- Native pecans
- Native pecans sweet and spicy
- Frozen tamales (chicken or pork)
- Goat milk fudge and caramels
- A great selection of baked goods, ice box and cone-joes cookies, bread (focaccia, dill, oatmeal, dill, banana nut, cinnamon multigrain, and Ezekiel fasting), fresh pies (apple, pecan, peach cobbler) and granola.
- Gluten-free muffins
- Free-range eggs
- Grass-finished beef, beef sticks, beef jerky, grass-fed beef snack
- Whole chickens
- Goat milk soap
- Hand-made soaps, and body care
- Hand-made jewelry and crafts
- Hand-crafted items (especially knitted and crocheted)
Please share this message with a friend. We appreciate your support!
Hope to see you at the market!